{149/365} Fiona

{149/365} Fiona originally uploaded by Sarah Robinson


Cat's name: Fiona

Human's name: Sarah


Length of cohabitation: Fiona was born on October 5th, 2009 and has lived with us since birth...so about 5 months!


How you came to live with each other: Fiona's mommy lived with us a short while after she found us. We fed her and loved her and came to find out that she was pregnant! How exciting! Well, my husband wanted to take her to the shelter right away and I convinced him that it would be fun to have kittens and we'd find homes for all of them. We found home for all but two kittens as well as the momma kitty. We kept the two kittens ( I kind of didn't take them with me to give away like I was supposed to, lol). The little black female I named Fiona, from the movie Shrek. The other kitty is a fluffy tabby that we call Loki, after the Norse God of Mischief! 


Favorite shared activity: Fiona loves to run into the shower right after I turn the water off. She loves to watch the water drops run off of the walls. I thank it's so funny to watch her. She also loves to wake me up with huge purrs in the middle of the night, she gets her pets then curls up in between my knees.


Tell us about this photo: Fiona is a born model! She is so intense and gets so focused on things. I just picked her up and held her and she did the rest. She's a wonderful kitten and so photogenic!


What you love most about your cat (or cats in general): They are hours of free entertainment! I have had some of the best laughs watching my two kitties! I also love their big purrs and how they love to cuddle!


How or why you incorporate cats in your photography: I love my cats and I want to remember that bond that we have even after they are gone. Besides, who doesn't love putting an animal in a portrait! They might steal the shot, but they're so cute while doing it!


Favorite animal charity: I really only give to local shelters that help the animals in need in my area. I also donate to the low cost spay and neuter clinics!

No comments