naughtiness of me ii


Cat's name: Winnifred (a.k.a. Winnie, Fred, Fredikins)

Human's name: Kira

Length of cohabitation: 1 1/2 years

How you came to live with each other
I was looking for a tortoiseshell or calico cat (it'd been about 16 years since I had a cat - too much moving around - and finally! I could have one...). I looked high and low everywhere 'til I found 4 mo. old Winnifred (originally named Tess) in a pet store. The room for getting to know a prospective pet was locked and so I couldn't fully check her out, which made me a little unsure. I asked if I could hold her instead and was happily allowed. I exclaimed how pretty she was and that I was surprised that no one had snatched her up yet. The shop keeper replied that she was skittish and ran away from people, but I was holding her and she just purred and purred, so I thought it was meant to be!

Favorite shared activity: Fred loves laps and being held. She is also very fond of toys with feathers on them.

Tell us about this photo: The intention was a self portrait using a slow shutter speed so that an intentional blur was created. Winnie was in the process of wondering what all the hubbub was about and proceeded to enter the photograph. 

How or why you incorporate cats in your photographs? They're beautiful and highly entertaining!

What you love most about your cats: They're affectionate, intelligent and they make me laugh with their clownish antics.

Favorite animal charities:
American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
Humane Society/SPCA of Bexar County

No comments