day 101- life as a cat



Cat's name: Sheba

Human's name: Lisa

Length of cohabitation: 7 years

How you came to live with each other: I was 15 when my family adopted Sheba, and so she was the 'family cat.' I think out of all of us, she favored my dad and I the most. Several years later when I was around 21 years old and moving in with my then-boyfriend (now-husband), I took Sheba to live with me, since I always loved her and missed having her around. She's been with me ever since -- even traveling across an ocean to live with me in Spain!

Favorite shared activity: She absolutely loves it when I brush her fur outdoors while she's in the sun.

Tell us about this photo: This photo is part of my 365 photo project, where I take one photo a day for one year. I noticed Sheba laying on the rug next to the heat lamp and decided to plop down there with her, trying to channel my inner feline.

What you love most about your cat (or cats in general): Every move or step they make seems ever so graceful yet calculated. Clumsy cats just don't exist!

How or why you incorporate cats in your photography: As soon as I try to "pose" Sheba for a photo, she loses interest and walks away. So I often just leave her as she is, and work my photo around that. That was definitely the case with this photo.


No comments