House Cat


House Cat, originally uploaded by Mark Klotz
website: Mark Klotz
(click here for recent photo of Dr. House with cat!)

Cat's name: Sarah

Human's name: Mark

Length of cohabitation: Almost 18 years

How you came to live with each other :
My parents found Sarah as a stray--she found them, rather. They already had cats, so they couldn't keep her. She was just a kitten, about 6 months old or so. I had recently moved away from home, and so my parents thought that I might like to have a cat, since I grew up with them in my family. When I first met her, I knew there was something special about her. She had such a wonderful personality. A very sweet kitty.

Favorite shared activity: Eating breakfast together.

Tell us about this photo: I am a freelance photographer. Whenever I'm setting up my studio lights for a project, Sarah likes to get involved. She loves to lay under the lights, just like sunlight. In this photo, I'm dressed up like Dr. House. He's so grumpy and she's so sweet, I thought it would make a good contrast. Even House would love Sarah.

What you love most about your cat:
She's always loving and affectionate. Always happy to see me when I get home.

How or why you incorporate cats in your photography: They are easy for people to identify with. Cats have been the companions of people for so long. They make wonderful subjects for photography.

Favorite animal charity: WWF

No comments